Tuesday, December 10, 2013


Koniichiwa kazoku to tomodachi!
So hey there! It's been another subarashii (wonderful) week here at the MTC! Learning a lot about jibun (myself), Nihongo, and kono fukuin (this gospel). So I apologize ahead of time because this letter will probably be lame because not a whole lot happened here this week.
Saisho (first), shout out to Courtney Miller and my mom for the packages this week! The clementines and chocolate covered cinnamon gummy bears were an absolute delight. Still have a little bit of both because I'm savoring them.
Mom it sounds like you had a super fun time hangin out with sweet Brayden and Brynlee. I loved getting your letters this week!
I'm still working on just loving my doryo. At this point I don't know if there's anything more to do than to just love. She does a lot of frustrating things so I'm learning a lot about patience while at my time here in the MTC. And not just with my doryo. But also with wanting to learn the language faster than my brain is capable of doing. I just wish I could be more capable as far as the language goes but all the Lord expects of me is my best. I definitely have to remember that. So along with learning how to be patient with others I also am learning how to be patient with myself. :)
It has been snowing A TON here in good ol' Provo. So I'm really enjoying the scenery as I walk to and from class.
As I have previously explained in a letter home the Japanese senkyoshitachi (missionaries) are split up in to 3 groups. And the group of senkyoshitachi that I've been with for 6 weeks left yesterday. It was really sad. I got especially close to one shimai. Her name is Ellis Shimai. And she. Is. Awesome. I talked about her before I think in regards to the carpet skirt that I've acquired. Remember how I wanted to do like a "sisterhood of the traveling skirt?" Well that dream has now been put into action. We even wrote a story of how it came to the MTC. Well she is going to the Tokyo mission and I left the skirt with her. So when I get to Kobe she will send the skirt to me along with a story of what the skirt has been up to. Current Shimai is also in on this traveling skirt thing. So that's super fun. It makes me excited to get to Kobe.
Along with that group of senkyoshitachi leaving it means that I leave next. Yikes! I've really grown to love it here and I've grown really comfortable with the cushy life I have at the MTC. So I'm kind of freaking out that I leave in 3 weeks. But all is well. :)
So the most significant thing I've learned here this week is God's love for His children. With teaching my kyudoshatachi (investigators) and being STL I've had a lot of opportunities to help people. And in doing so I've had many witnesses of God's love for His children. I've come to learn that being a senkyoshi is more than just talking about kono fukuin. But it's about helping your brothers and sisters remember the love that Heavenly Father has for His children. Especially helping those remember who have completely forgotten. I had a lot of experiences this week where I would be listening to a concern from a kyudosha or a shimai and just feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for this particular child of His. And the fact that I sometimes get to be that vessel in which the Father communicates through me that love for His children is something I am so grateful for. I wouldn't change this experience for anything. While there are many frustrating times as a senkyoshi the beautiful moments where you feel the Spirit so strongly far out weighs those frustrating moments. If there any of you who are on the fence about serving a mission...DO IT. You won't regret it. I know I've only been out for 6 weeks but I already can see the affect, change, and shukufuku (blessings) I'm receiving for choosing to serve. THE BEST DECISION EVER. 
Sorry I went on that little tangent...
Kono fukuin wa shinjitsu da to shiteimasu. Morumon Sho wa Josefu Sumisu ni han'yaku shiteru to shiteimasu. Nani shitemo, itsumo Kamisama wa watashitachi o ai suru to shiteimasu. Watashitachi wa Kamisama no kodomo da to shiteimasu. Watashi wa senkyoshi ga iru kansha shimasu. Kamisama no ai kansha shimasu. Shinden ni yotte, eien no kazoku ni naru to shiteimasu. Kono fukuin o ai shiteimasu.
I love you all and I'm so grateful for your love and support. Know that God loves you because you are His precious son/daughter. This church is true and I know it with every fiber of my being!
Ai shiteimasu!
Aulick Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment