Monday, July 28, 2014



First off, CONGRATS MARISSA. Your wedding looks like it was awesome! Love you and have fun on the honeymoon!

Also on the 30th of this week will mark my 1/2 way mark on the mission. I hear it's just downhill from here and it only goes faster. It's crazy how fast it's all gone thus far. I'm stoked for the next 9 months!

In other news, both Kerr Shimai and I are staying in Joyo! I will have been here for 4 transfers and will see summer through in one of the hottest parts in the mission. Drink lots of water everyone. 

Also a member of the bishopric calls me Sunday morning and asked me to speak in sacrament meeting that day. I said sure and was grateful I learned the importance of keeping and recycling talks from my dad. Thanks dad for being a high councilor for who knows how many years. I used a talk I gave in my first area and it went great. 

This week was awesome! We found 2 new investigators and taught 4 lessons this week! I love the way the work continues to progress and hasten here in Joyo! We went and visited one of our less-actives last night and were just planning to check up on her. See how she was doing. But what we thought was going to only be like a 20 minute meeting or so turned into an hour and a half talk about what she was struggling with. I was able to hold her hands, look into her tear stained eyes and testify about how God is her Heavenly Father and how she is His daughter. It was awesome and I don't know if I've ever felt the Holy Ghost work through more powerfully than last night. 

I know if we open our mouths and testify of the simple things we do know Heavenly Father will give us the words through the Holy Ghost that our brothers and sisters need to hear. 

Keep loving and living life everyone. Never forget who you are! Beloved sons and daughters of a king!

Love your Japanese friend,
Aulick Shimai 

アウリック姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment