Monday, January 27, 2014



Hello my beautiful people. Here goes another week...

Biking in the cold and knocking on doors is truly the missionary dream! I love it so much and I love sharing the happiest message in the world!

So a highlight of this week is we committed one of our investigators to be baptized! She has crazy amounts of faith because she can't remember much of anything we teach her but she knows what she feels when shes with us and she wants to receive eternal life and so she's getting baptized! We have also begun to teach her husband which is awesome! He's funny and interesting. He likes to laugh at me and my Japanese but it's all good. Still love him as a brother of God. 

This week was pretty normal. Nothing too exciting happened. But here is actually a funny story. So we were tracting at this apartment complex. Now Japanese style tracting is different then normal. First you ring the door bell and then you speak to the person through an intercom system thingy. We pretty much never get invited in. So we knocked on this door and after we said who we were he immediately invited us in. And so we were really surprised because that's extremely uncommon. So we came in and he asked us if we were the help and we said no we were missionaries. And he clearly didn't hear us because he was very old. And we finally were able to communicate with him who we are and so then he yelled at us and asked us what we were doing in there. Hahahaha so we quickly left and afterwards just busted out laughing. I mean he invited us in! Haha I love old Japanese people. 

I love this gospel and I love being a missionary. I hope everyone is staying happy and healthy. Thank you for all of your love and support. I am truly blessed with many wonderful beautiful people in my life.

By the way this week marks my 3rd month on my mission. WHAAAAAA

With all of my love,
Aulick Shimai

P.S. Sorry I'm so bad at writing letters
P.P.S. Sorry I'm so bad at telling stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment