Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Valentines Day . . . (2/9/2014)

Happy Valentines Day . . . (2/9/2014)



But first off Happy Valentine's day soon! I have officially finished my first transfer as a missionary! Like what? I love it so much. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else with my life right now. So transfers are this week and I'm staying! YAYAYYAAYAYAY. I did not want another trainer and I did not want to leave Mikunigaoka. So I'm glad that I got both of those things. :)

So one of my favorite things about being a missionary is all of the different kinds of people you get to meet and talk to. And in Japan there are A LOT of interesting people. So the story behind that thought is this: we found a new investigator this week and we went to teach him in his home. While we were chatting we found out that the blanket we were sitting on (oh yeah in Japan nobody has couches so every one sits on the floor when you have guests) he just bought for us. So that way when we sat on the floor we wouldn't be cold. Isn't that awesome! That's the kind of people that I work with every day. And I love it. But the funny part is that the blanket was pink with black cats on it and it said "gothic fantasy." Haha I love it so much. I love the people here so much. 

So sturdy Q-tips. I warn you this is going to be a little weird but please keep reading, I promise there is a missionary application at the end of this story. I bought my first Japanese Q-tips last week. And they are super sturdy! Like I was cleaning my ears out after my shower last night and those Q-tips weren't bending at all! And lately we've been having problems getting parent's permission for a couple of our investigators to be baptized. And they're date is coming up in less than a month. So I've been struggling with how we can help them and how I can show my faith to the Lord more so He can provide us with whatever miracle is needed to help them be baptized. So as I was cleaning my ears and thought about how I want my faith to be like those Q-tips. And as the Lord is molding me and cleaning me (so to speak) I am going to face trials and I'm going to have to do a lot of hard things. But if I have the faith like the Japanese Q-tip then I will be the missionary and the true disciple of Christ that the Lord wants me to be. And I will get His work done. 

Now let's all be like Japanese Q-tips! 

I love you all and I hope your week is full of love for one another! Thank you for your support!

Love,
Aulick Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment